Sunday, April 23, 2017

Matching Tissue Birthday Tag

When I had a birthday gift to mail out last week, for some reason I was not in the mood to add a birthday card. Instead, I decided to use some of the teal pinstripe tissue paper (thanks, ThredUp for a cool reusable!) that I had wrapped the gift in to make a tag.


I dry-brushed gesso in a neat pattern over a green tag, then used acrylic glazing medium to stick some tissue to the tag in a somewhat transparent manner. It needed some more tissue, so I took another piece and dabbed it in some excess twisted citron Distress Stain Spray I had puddled from another project I had been working on, prior to adhering it in an opposing direction on the tag.

My ephemera for this project came from the Tim Holtz Thrift Shop pack. As I played with layout and finalized my specific ephemera picks, I saw that the background needed more behind the ephemera. Washi tape to the rescue! The vintage ephemera needed a touch of vintage tape, and I love that the metallic arrows both added some shine and could stand in for the ups and downs of our days.


Here is the finished tag with pop-up ephemera moths, inked edges, baker's twine, and a sea green Brushos & Lindy's Stamp Gang gossamer gold back:




{crafting while listening to Jonathan Franzen's "Purity" audiobook}

Entered in:
4 Crafty Chicks - challenge #347 Butterflies

A Bit More Time to Craft - challenge #42 anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - challenge #177 anything goes w/optional twist
Crafting By Designs - Vintage challenge
Crafty Catz - challenge #367 anything goes w/optional twist
Creative Fingers - challenge #128 anything goes

Creative Moments - challenge #116 anything goes w/optional twist of Spring
Word Art Wednesday - challenge #278-279 anything goes
 

4 comments:

  1. This is just lovely, a very pretty tag...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dimension of your project and the beautiful distressed look you created. Such a sweet tag! So glad you joined the butterfly challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
    Christine
    Guest DT
    http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely!

    Pleased to have you joining in with our Spring twist at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags, so pretty, love the style. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Design and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete